Archive for the ‘“Wild”’ Category
August 26, 2016 • Category: "Big Little Lies"
, "Home Again"
, Films & Projects
, Pacific Standard
, The Family
, Video Updates
Comments Off on Video of Reese’s live Facebook chat – “Legally Blonde”, “Home Again” and more
Reese did a live Facebook chat yesterday, and chatted about the possibility of further sequels to Legally Blonde and Sweet Home Alabama, her upcoming movie Home Again, Wild, and her dogs … among many other things! Watch the full live chat at ETOnline.
Reese Witherspoon Is Down to Make More Legally Blonde and Sweet Home Alabama Movies
Without a question, two of Reese Witherspoon’s most beloved films are Legally Blonde (2001) and Sweet Home Alabama (2002). They’re untouchable pieces of entertainment that most of us can quote verbatim. (I call lies on anyone who says they haven’t tried the bend-and-snap. I’m doing it right now.)
And Witherspoon knows just how classic these two gems are. She already made a sequel to Legally Blonde in 2003, but get this: She is down as hell to bring Elle Woods to life again and do another Sweet Home Alabama flick. Proceeds to blast Hoku’s “Perfect Day” at frightening decibels.
”[Legally Blonde] was really fun,” Witherspoon said during a recent Facebook Live chat. “A lot of people have asked me if we’re going to make another Legally Blonde, and we’re thinking about it.” But what would the plot be? An Elle Woods baby? Paulette Bonafonté gets her own talk show? The RETURN OF VIVIENNE KENSINGTON?! The possibilities are endless.
As are the possibilities for a Sweet Home Alabama sequel. Don’t get too excited, though: There are no concrete plans in the works. However, Witherspoon is ready to get country the second everyone else gets on board. (And isn’t that the hardest part?)
“We are not making a Sweet Home Alabama sequel that I know of,” she said. “But if Disney wants to make a sequel, they can just call me: I would happily make Sweet Home Alabama 2.”
Continue reading this entry »
I have a fantastic and big update for you today – I’ve added almost 100 scans from Reese’s recent magazine spreads that were missing from our Gallery. This includes full spreads in US Harper’s Bazaar, Glamour, and Women’s Health, reprints in various international magazines, and fashion snippets in People Style Watch issues. Check out the spread in eNews Magazine which has some gorgeous full-page photos from Wild, and People magazine’s celebration of Reese’s birthday in their March 28th issue. We also have scans from the new ‘Most Beautiful’ issue of People magazine, and from the latest issue of Glamour South Africa, which although is a reprint, does have some nice old quotes on various topics.
All new additions are listed below. Enjoy!! 😀 💛
• Women’s Health (South Africa) – December 2015
• Glamour (US) – December 2015
• People Style Watch – December 2015/January 2016
• eNews Magazine – January 23rd 2015
• The Hollywood Reporter (US) – November 20th 2015
• Women’s Health (US) – October 2015
• Harper’s Bazaar (US) – February 2016
• Entertainment Weekly – February 12th 2016
• Myself (Ger) – March 2016
• People – March 28th 2016
• Glamour (South Africa) – May 2016
• People – May 2nd 2016
• People Style Watch – May 2016
Reese celebrated her upcoming 40th birthday with a party in Hollywood on Saturday night, and was joined by endless celebrity friends, including Taylor Swift, Kate Hudson, Isla Fisher, Courteney Cox, Laura Dern, Cheryl Strayed, Chelsea Handler, Nicole Kidman, Olivia Munn, Sarah Paulson, Mindy Kaling, Elizabeth Banks, Chris Martin, Jason Bateman, Conan O’Brien…. A few of the guests, including Kate Hudson, have posted some snaps from the night on their Instagrams – see them below – and Vanity Fair writer Derek Blasberg has shared a video snippet of Reese singing along to ‘Sweet Home Alabama’! While we don’t usually post about Reese’s personal life here at GRW, this is harmless and fun enough to be ok 😉
Continue reading this entry »
12 things we learned about Reese Witherspoon at her American Cinematheque tribute
“All Reese, all Reese, all Reese!”
Matthew McConaughey had it mostly (all) right Friday night in twisting his trademark catchphrase as he presented Reese Witherspoon with the American Cinematheque Award at the annual fundraiser for the nonprofit group.
The bulk of the ceremony, which also honored Dreamworks Animation chief Jeffrey Katzenberg, was devoted to the 39-year-old Witherspoon and the nearly 50 movies she has headlined or produced in a career dating back to her 1991 debut in Robert Mulligan’s lovely coming-of-age story “The Man in the Moon.”
Here are a dozen things we learned about Witherspoon from her many friends and colleagues:
1. Witherspoon will soon reunite with “Election” writer-director Alexander Payne for “Downsizing”, co-starring Matt Damon. Payne says he receives more compliments about “Election,” in which Witherspoon played a ferociously precocious high school student running for class president, than any other movie in his lauded career.
“Even Barack Obama told me it’s his favorite political film,” Payne said.
2. Sofia Vergara calls Witherspoon, her “Hot Pursuit” co-star, “my little pony.” She did not explain why.
3. When country music singer Kenny Chesney thinks of Witherspoon, he thinks of the song “Wild Child,” which he performed at the tribute. But he didn’t explain whether it was because she starred in a movie called “Wild” or because Witherspoon reminds him of the song’s lyrics, (“a spirit that can’t be tamed, a calico pony on an open plain.”) Wait … there’s that pony thing again!
4. Kate Hudson first met Witherspoon at the premiere of “Man in the Moon,” where she watched the young actress work the after-party “like a seasoned politician.” (Witherspoon did the same thing at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza’s ballroom Friday, graciously welcoming dozens of the 800 people in attendance.)
5. The words Hudson heard most early in her career: “It’s between you and Reese” or “Well … Reese has the offer. But if she passes, it might come to you.”
6. Witherspoon will not let guests get away with singing just any old Christmas song like “Frosty the Snowman” at her annual holiday party. “No,” Hudson says, “it’s ‘The Twelve Days of Christmas.’ ”
7. Apparently, Witherspoon’s husband, CAA agent Jim Toth, can’t sing. Or, at least not well. He’s not allowed to participate in “The Twelve Days of Christmas.”
8. Witherspoon yells at Laura Dern, who played her mom in “Wild,” for not being on social media more. And for using brown lipstick.
9. Dern’s mother, actress Diane Ladd, and Witherspoon’s mom, Betty (who sat next to her daughter at the Cinematheque event), are tight. Dern believes Witherspoon has an innate desire to take care of other people because she “grew up in a home of healthcare providers.”
10. Legendary music man T Bone Burnett had a feeling Witherspoon would win the Best Actress Oscar for playing June Carter Cash in “Walk the Line” when he heard her let out an “actual blood-curdling scream” in frustration after wrestling with the classic Carter Family folk song “Wildwood Flower.”
“All the birds flew away,” Burnett remembered of Witherspoon’s cry.
11. Robert Downey Jr. would very much like to order the Bessie Bow table runner from Witherspoon’s clothing and home store Draper James, but he can’t get his credit card to work.
12. Two of Witherspoon’s three children — 16-year-old Ava and 12-year-old Deacon — can’t get enough of this 1991 Entertainment Tonight video, in which a young Reese talks about how much fun it will be to go to the video store in 30 years and rent “The Man in the Moon” on laserdisc and watch it with her kids.
“I thought that was the best moment of my life,” Witherspoon said from the stage. “I was wrong about that. Some days I still can’t believe that I get to do this, that I get to be a storyteller in this world. It is the greatest privilege of my life.”
November 1, 2015 • Category: "Wild"
, Pacific Standard
, Role Rumors
Comments Off on Reese Witherspoon & Laura Dern To Produce Drama Project For HBO Based On Book By ‘Wild’ Author Cheryl Strayed
Reese Witherspoon & Laura Dern To Produce Drama Project For HBO Based On Book By ‘Wild’ Author Cheryl Strayed
Wild stars Reese Witherspoon and Laura Dern have reteamed for another screen adaptation of a book by Wild author Cheryl Strayed, this time for TV. HBO has put in development Tiny Beautiful Things, a drama series based on Strayed’s bestselling 2012 book of the same name, a collection of essays compiled from Strayed’s Dear Sugar advice column. Strayed and her husband, filmmaker Brian Lindstrom, will write the TV adaptation, set to explore love, loss, lust and life through the eyes of a Portland family who live by the mantra that the truth will never kill you.
Witherspoon, Dern, Strayed and Lindstrom will executive produce with Witherspoon’s producing partner at Pacific Standard, Bruna Papandrea, as well as Jayme Lecheryl. Wild was a passion project for Witherspoon and Papandrea who optioned Strayed’s memoir months before it was published. In the 2014 Fox Searchlight film, directed by Jean-Marc Vallée, Witherspoon portrayed Strayed and Dern played her mother. The movie was well received, with both Witherspoon and Dern earning Oscar nominations earlier this year.
HBO already is hosting a Wild mini-reunion with the limited series Big Little Lies, in which Witherspoon is starring alongside Nicole Kidman, with Witherspoon and Papandrea executive producing and Vallée in negotiations to direct.
The Gallery has been updated with over 1,500 HD screencaptures from Wild today! This is my new (equal) favourite Reese film, she gave such a moving and heartfelt performance as Cheryl and I liked the way the story was told through flashbacks as Cheryl recalled her memories – it is an absolute must-see!!
• “Wild” Film Screencaptures x 1,534
Scans from Reese’s recent cover for In Style US have now been added to our Gallery. In the magazine she discusses her Southern roots, fame, female influences and role models, Draper James, and her recent film roles.
Over the past week or so I’ve been updating the Gallery with scans of magazines Reese has featured in this year. There’s lots on Wild from the awards season, some recent coverage on Hot Pursuit, and covers including W, Vanity Fair and Glamour Latin America. Also included in this batch are scans from Reese’s most recent cover for Marie Claire Australia, which although is a reprint from Glamour US, is still very pretty! Lots more scans to come….
• Magazine Scans from 2015