Since our last Public Appearances Gallery catch-up post I’ve continued to work on completing this section of the Gallery, and I’m pleased to say that it’s now done! The 2015 events have been finished off, with lots of new HQ additions. 2015 was another very busy year for Reese – she started it off enjoying the success of Wild during awards season, then promoted Hot Pursuit, then enjoyed more awards success at the end of the year with career honours from the American Cinematheque and Glamour’s Women Of The Year. Reese had a lot of fun with her fashion this year too and sported a variety of looks, including some more daring styles and lots of colour. My favourite looks from this year include the 60’s look at the Critics Choices Awards, the glam Golden Globes glittery gown, her purple BAFTAs dress, the sultry and sassy Hot Pursuit premiere dress, and the chic Good Morning America outfit. This is definitely one of my favourite years for Reese photos, and there are some gorgeous photos in the Gallery now for you to enjoy too 😀
There are a few more event photos to add to albums we already have up, but our next task in the Gallery is completing the Movies section….
Happy New Year Reese fans! Thanks for your support in 2017, and stick with us as we enjoy another year (our 17th!) of supporting Miss Witherspoon in her many adventures!
12 things we learned about Reese Witherspoon at her American Cinematheque tribute
“All Reese, all Reese, all Reese!”
Matthew McConaughey had it mostly (all) right Friday night in twisting his trademark catchphrase as he presented Reese Witherspoon with the American Cinematheque Award at the annual fundraiser for the nonprofit group.
The bulk of the ceremony, which also honored Dreamworks Animation chief Jeffrey Katzenberg, was devoted to the 39-year-old Witherspoon and the nearly 50 movies she has headlined or produced in a career dating back to her 1991 debut in Robert Mulligan’s lovely coming-of-age story “The Man in the Moon.”
Here are a dozen things we learned about Witherspoon from her many friends and colleagues:
1. Witherspoon will soon reunite with “Election” writer-director Alexander Payne for “Downsizing”, co-starring Matt Damon. Payne says he receives more compliments about “Election,” in which Witherspoon played a ferociously precocious high school student running for class president, than any other movie in his lauded career.
“Even Barack Obama told me it’s his favorite political film,” Payne said.
2. Sofia Vergara calls Witherspoon, her “Hot Pursuit” co-star, “my little pony.” She did not explain why.
3. When country music singer Kenny Chesney thinks of Witherspoon, he thinks of the song “Wild Child,” which he performed at the tribute. But he didn’t explain whether it was because she starred in a movie called “Wild” or because Witherspoon reminds him of the song’s lyrics, (“a spirit that can’t be tamed, a calico pony on an open plain.”) Wait … there’s that pony thing again!
4. Kate Hudson first met Witherspoon at the premiere of “Man in the Moon,” where she watched the young actress work the after-party “like a seasoned politician.” (Witherspoon did the same thing at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza’s ballroom Friday, graciously welcoming dozens of the 800 people in attendance.)
5. The words Hudson heard most early in her career: “It’s between you and Reese” or “Well … Reese has the offer. But if she passes, it might come to you.”
6. Witherspoon will not let guests get away with singing just any old Christmas song like “Frosty the Snowman” at her annual holiday party. “No,” Hudson says, “it’s ‘The Twelve Days of Christmas.’ ”
7. Apparently, Witherspoon’s husband, CAA agent Jim Toth, can’t sing. Or, at least not well. He’s not allowed to participate in “The Twelve Days of Christmas.”
8. Witherspoon yells at Laura Dern, who played her mom in “Wild,” for not being on social media more. And for using brown lipstick.
9. Dern’s mother, actress Diane Ladd, and Witherspoon’s mom, Betty (who sat next to her daughter at the Cinematheque event), are tight. Dern believes Witherspoon has an innate desire to take care of other people because she “grew up in a home of healthcare providers.”
10. Legendary music man T Bone Burnett had a feeling Witherspoon would win the Best Actress Oscar for playing June Carter Cash in “Walk the Line” when he heard her let out an “actual blood-curdling scream” in frustration after wrestling with the classic Carter Family folk song “Wildwood Flower.”
“All the birds flew away,” Burnett remembered of Witherspoon’s cry.
11. Robert Downey Jr. would very much like to order the Bessie Bow table runner from Witherspoon’s clothing and home store Draper James, but he can’t get his credit card to work.
12. Two of Witherspoon’s three children — 16-year-old Ava and 12-year-old Deacon — can’t get enough of this 1991 Entertainment Tonight video, in which a young Reese talks about how much fun it will be to go to the video store in 30 years and rent “The Man in the Moon” on laserdisc and watch it with her kids.
“I thought that was the best moment of my life,” Witherspoon said from the stage. “I was wrong about that. Some days I still can’t believe that I get to do this, that I get to be a storyteller in this world. It is the greatest privilege of my life.”
The Gallery has been updated with another batch of HD film screencaptures, this time from Reese’s most recent release – Hot Pursuit. This is a world apart from her other recent films, and although Reese is her typically funny self, it’s not one of her best films unfortunately. However, enjoy the screencaptures!
July 26, 2015 • Category: "Hot Pursuit", Video Updates •
Comments Off on Own “Hot Pursuit” on Blu-ray Combo Pack or DVD August 11th or Own it Early on Digital HD July 28th
Own “Hot Pursuit” on Blu-ray Combo Pack or DVD August 11th or Own it Early on Digital HD July 28th
“…An on-the-run buddy comedy….”
– A.O. Scott, The New York Times
Witness a good cop turn into a fugitive when New Line Cinema’s and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures’ (MGM) comedy “Hot Pursuit” arrives onto Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and Digital HD. Starring Academy Award® winner Reese Witherspoon (“Walk the Line,” “Wild”) and Sofía Vergara (“Chef,” TV’s “Modern Family”), “Hot Pursuit” follows two fugitives who are ready to cop, lock and drop it. “Hot Pursuit” will be available on Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on August 11. The film will also be available early on Digital HD from MGM on July 28.
“Hot Pursuit” is directed by Anne Fletcher (“The Proposal”) from a screenplay written by David Feeney (TV’s “New Girl”) & John Quaintance (TV’s Ben & Kate). John Carroll Lynch (“Crazy, Stupid, Love.”) and Robert Kazinsky (“Pacific Rim”) also star in the film, which was produced by Bruna Papandrea (“Wild,” “Gone Girl”), Reese Witherspoon and Dana Fox alongside executive producers Jeff Waxman, Sofía Vergara and Luis Balaguer.
“Hot Pursuit” will be available on August 11 on Blu-ray Combo Pack for $35.99, and includes the film in high definition on Blu-ray disc, a DVD, and a digital version of the movie in Digital HD with UltraViolet*. Fans can also own “Hot Pursuit” via purchase from digital retailers beginning on July 28.
In “Hot Pursuit,” an uptight and by-the-book cop (Witherspoon) tries to protect the sexy and outgoing widow (Vergara) of a drug boss as they race through Texas, pursued by crooked cops and murderous gunmen.
BLU-RAY AND DVD ELEMENTS
“Hot Pursuit” Blu-ray Combo Pack contains the following special features:
* The Womance
Reese and Sofía’s on-set crazy-mashup-antics. From dance moves to car crashes, see these women light up the screen and leave us in stitches with their side-splitting comedic styling.
* Say What?
Watch the hilarity that ensued when Reese and Sofía each tried to speak the other’s language. See Reese get her tongue tied trying to speak Spanish and watch Sofía’s tongue actually go numb from trying to speak English.
* Action Like A Lady
In this action montage we will see all the crazy fun that went into creating the insane action scenes in the film. From jumping out a ten-foot high window, to a crazy girl fight to commandeering a tour bus during a high- speed shoot out…bring on the laughs.
* Alternate Ending
“Hot Pursuit” Standard Definition DVD contains the following special features:
* The Womance
Reese and Sofía’s on-set crazy-mashup-antics. From dance moves to car crashes, see these women light up the screen and leave us in stitches with their side-splitting comedic stylings.
DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION ELEMENTS
On July 28, “Hot Pursuit” will be available from MGM for streaming and download to watch anywhere in high definition and standard definition on their favorite devices from select digital retailers including Amazon, Flixster, iTunes, PlayStation, Vudu, Xbox and others. On August 11, “Hot Pursuit” will also be available digitally on Video On Demand services from cable and satellite providers, and on select gaming consoles.
Reese has been promoting Hot Pursuit in Mexico this week, along with her co-star Sofia Vergara. On Monday they attended a premiere for the film, with Reese wearing a red Yves Saint Laurent dress, and the day after a photocall for the film was held, with Reese opting for a cream Thierry Mugler Resort dress with Louboutin heels and jewelry by Jennifer Fisher.
Photos from both events can be found in our Gallery. Check out Reese’s pics from her travels at her Instagram page. And further down this post are video interviews and footage from the events.
Scans from Reese’s recent cover for In Style US have now been added to our Gallery. In the magazine she discusses her Southern roots, fame, female influences and role models, Draper James, and her recent film roles.
Over the past week or so I’ve been updating the Gallery with scans of magazines Reese has featured in this year. There’s lots on Wild from the awards season, some recent coverage on Hot Pursuit, and covers including W, Vanity Fair and Glamour Latin America. Also included in this batch are scans from Reese’s most recent cover for Marie Claire Australia, which although is a reprint from Glamour US, is still very pretty! Lots more scans to come….
Untitled TV Project with Jennifer Aniston
Luckiest Girl Alive
Tiny Beautiful Things
Barbie origins project
In A Dark, Dark Wood
Untitled Rob Long Project
The Thing About Jellyfish
All Is Not Forgotten
Three Little Words
Pale Blue Dot
Glamour Reese Witherspoon is an unofficial fansite dedicated to supporting and promoting the career of Reese Witherspoon. We have no contact with Ms Witherspoon or her family or management. No copyright infringement is intended through the use of content within this website ...